Do you like watercolors? Especially the realistic kind full of rich luminous layers of paint and details.
Are you interested in learning the traditional ways of working with watercolors? Techniques that have been past down from one professional artist to another.
Do you like to create your own original artwork? Learn usable skills to make your own art vs. relying on having to copy from others.
Then this course is for you!
In this 10 week course you'll learn my entire process to successfully paint rich, detailed, and realistic watercolors.
Here's the Rundown to my Step by Step Process
- 🖌 I'll start off by introducing you to professional tools and materials, where to get them, and how to use them.
- 🎨 I then show you how to set up your workspace, and get you going with your paints! I’ll show you how to set up your paint palette, and important painting exercises to get you familiar with them.
- ✍️ Once you’re all set up and feeling good about your paints, I show you how to do 15 watercolor techniques.
- 🤔 Then it’s time to teach you the strategy behind making a watercolor. This is a very important step most watercolor enthusiast never learn how to do, and without understanding the strategy you’ll never be able to master making the layers involved with creating bright and luminous watercolor paintings.
- 🖼 Once you understand the strategy it’s time to test it out. Here’s you chance to make your 1st painting!
- ✏️ Next it’s time to learn how to properly prep the paper for painting. This includes learning how to stretch your paper, and how to transfer your composition over to your paper without damaging it.
- 🙈 🐵 After the completion of your 2nd painting it’s time to learn how to critique it. Critiques are an important part of the painting process. We’ll discuss how to do it when you’re by yourself and with others.
- 💦 For the 3rd painting you'll get to experiment with layering lots of washes and working with wet on wet technique. We're also going to work on your ability of "reading" the wetness of the paper, and how to combine multiple techniques to complete a painting.
- 🖼 For the 4th painting you'll learn several important lessons including how to work from a still life, how to work with a monotone palette, and how to mix flesh tones colors. (Spoiler alert! You will NOT be painting a person.)
Learn the secret to painting realistic, and vibrant layers with watercolors!
I've strategically chosen these 4 paintings for you to create:
Learn how to paint a sun setting over water, while also implementing your very own paint strategy to created foreground, middle, and background.
Learn how to set up and transfer a drawing to watercolor paper along with mastering techniques to create realistic texture of leaves, wood, and fur.
Water Lily Painting
Learn how build up and work with really wet layers of paint. This painting will really sharpen your skills at "reading" the wetness of the paper!
Still Life Painting
Learn how to paint from real life with a mono tone palette. You will also learn how to mix the colors of human flesh tones without having to paint a portrait.
These paintings are very different, and choose for the variety of skills you will have to learn, practice, and execute to create them.
Once you're done making these 4 paintings you’ll be ready to test out your newly acquired skills on any subject matter you aspire to create!
Who This Course is For:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to paint traditional & realistic watercolors.
- Anyone who's tried painting with watercolors but aren't achieving the desired results in their paintings.
- Anyone who wants to push the boundaries with layering their watercolors to get the brightest, richest, most vibrant, and luminous colors!
- Anyone who desires to create their own original artwork, and not copy or trace someone else's art.
You will not need any prior skills at painting to take this course, but it would be a big help to know how to draw. If you want to brush up on your drawing skills check out The Fundamentals of Drawing. The combination of both these course has everything you need to know to draw and paint realistic watercolors. (Hey guess what? You get a one time special offer to scoop up the drawing course for $100 OFF with the purchase of this course! This offer will be presented during the checkout process).
What Students Have to Say:
"The proof is in the pudding, as they say, so I am going to let my work speak for the value of Tracy Lizotte’s art academy. The first two photos show my work in July as I struggled to teach myself and the third is a painting of the same subject only three months later! I was prepared to commit a year to learning how to paint with watercolors and I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined I could have this kind of change in only 3 months!
Tracy’s online instruction is value enough, but it doesn’t stop there. I also feel like I have a relationship with Tracy and her community of artists through the bi-weekly online live meetings. I just can’t say enough about what she is doing and I’m so excited about her future plans for this academy!"
- Elaine Santos
Elaine's watercolors before the course and then after.
"Tracy has taught me to "visualize the process" in my approach to painting! She has changed the way I think and paint with watercolors, and it has made a big impact on my work. With clear direction and constructive criticism, this class has been a fun and worthwhile experience!"
- Sue Sacco
Sue's artwork from: Watercolor Painting for Beginners course
"I'm just sad I'm finished with the exercises. I literally sucked up the instruction in the class. Your guidance has made me a better artist, for sure. I think I stalled on the last exercise, the still life, because I didn't want this to all be over! I'm also thrilled to be part of the Academy.
Now I'm looking forward to the bonus courses too."
- Paula Millhouse
Paula's still life assignment from Watercolor Painting for Beginners
Do you know what makes watercolors different from all other paints?
Watch the 1st Module Now for FREE and Find Out!
How This Course Works
👉 After you sign up you will be redirected to the course curriculum.
👉 You'll have access to the entire course immediately, and can go through each lesson at your own pace. Which means there's never a need to rush, or feel like you are behind. 😃
👉 To get the most out of this course it's best to go through each module in order.
👉 Help is always available. You can ask questions and share your progress in the comment section below each lesson in the course. I will personally answer every one of them!
Hi, I'm Tracy!
I have a passion for painting with watercolors, and teaching others the traditional fine art techniques that have been passed down to me.
Most importantly I want to have fun when I paint and to share that fun with those who enjoy creating art:)
I'm here to help you develop your own unique style, while learning how to draw, paint, market, and sell!
Have a question? I'm here for yah! Contact me at [email protected]
Wanna learn more about me, and how I came to be a professional artist? Check out my About Page.
"I am dedicated to helping you reach your goals and seeing you succeed!
That's why I say take your time and never worry if there's a gap in your progress. What's great about this online course is you can watch and re-watch the videos as many times as you need, and my help will always be available for you when you need it. It's ongoing and there is no set limit.
Art is a life long journey! I want you to enjoy that journey and know you're not alone."
- Tracy Lizotte
What Students Say About This Course:
"I have immensely enjoyed the Watercolor Painting for Beginners course.
Tracy is not only a gifted artist, but also a brilliant teacher. Her instructions are easy to follow, and she shows and tells, step by step, how to get the best results and what to avoid doing.
The lessons are great preparation for the assignments. I like that they were challenging and that each had a goal for exploring and executing techniques that produced stunning results. It was so rewarding to see my paintings build up to completion. It’s very satisfying to see the patience of layering pay off.
Tracy helped me to see my work objectively, through thoughtful and invaluable corrective criticism."
- Tara Urbach
Tara's paintings from Watercolor Painting for Beginners course.
"I did not know much about Tracy before signing up for her online watercolor class. I have never taken an online class of any kind and have only ever taken one watercolor course. Tracy Lizotte's on-line watercolor class has been life changing for my art!
Her lessons have really taught me a great deal in a short amount of time while providing me with charts I now use every single time I paint. That alone was worth the class! I can actually see myself growing in my art. Her written and video communication skills are perfect for teaching, in fact I'd say she is a natural born teacher as well as an outstanding artist. I like that I can refer back to any class at any time as well, especially if I do go a few days/weeks without getting to paint and feel like I can not remember what she said about a certain technique. I would give this class 5 out of 5 stars!"
Stacey's painting exercises and artwork from Watercolor Painting for Beginners
Frequently Asked Questions
#1 Get a Bonus Section Full of These Helpful Tips:
- Using the Right Side of Your Brain
- How to Blend the Paint
- Learning to "Read the Paper"
- Not Overworking the Painting
- How to Fix a Mistake
#2 You will also have direct access to me throughout the entire course!
Rest assure, I will be there every step of the way, cheering you on, and making sure you succeed!
The information taught in this course goes so much deeper then classes taught in art school. They're traditional techniques and strategies that have been passed down through generations by professional watercolorist.
This course is the ultimate watercolor package! You'll learn my entire foundation for painting, and once learned it can be adapted to suit your own art style!
Plus you have access to this course forever! These valuable lessons will always be here for yah when you need to refer back to them along with any updated information I may add-on in the future!